Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sensei's New Students


A few of you might recognize my cuddly character, Panda Sensei:

Well, from the first few days that I created him, I've been trying to think of students for him. After all, 'sensei' is part of his name.

After a long time, I've finally come up with something. He's going to have a student for each sign of the zodiac. Woo!

You know; dragon, rooster, monkey, etc. Chinese New Year thing.

I'm year of the sheep.

I'm spinning around a half-plotline in my head. Sensei adopts 12 little kids, trains them to be martial arts masters, and they go on adventures.

I didn't say it was a good plotline...

Anyway, I sketched some designs away in pen. They're not great, and they'll definately be changed up as I go. Here's Dragon, Tiger, and Monkey (names will be decided later. Maybe just their animal in Chinese or Japanese):






Eh? Eh? Are they great are what?

I know they remind you of Kung Fu Panda. I can't help it. I'm not making it similar on purpose.

Bear with me!




5 comments:

Michael Shell said...

Some more great work Ashley. I find it crazy how you're able to come up with such original designs. I'd have to say I like the monkey one the best.

I'll be first in line to watch the Panda Sensei: The Movie when it hits theatres... regardless of the plot. Haha.

Take care mate.

Ashley Barton said...

Tsk, tsk. Flattery will get you nowhere.

Haha, thank you so much! Being original is important to me, but I didn't really see them that way. It means a lot!

And if he ever really did make it to theatres, I'd be sure to look out for you. Maybe get you a discounted ticket. Hehe.

Thanks again.

Unknown said...

They're so cute^^

maarten said...

cool designs, they are appealing. fun to see another student of animation :)

Jenn said...

I'm very impressed with your drive and skills. :) Best luck in your future drawings. Looks like you're off to a great start!!