Sunday, June 29, 2008

WALL-E


WALL-E was an amazing movie!! I got to see it today with one of my best friends, Angie, and her friend Eric. It's definately one of my favorites now. It was so adorable, and it's really great how they made it possible for you to fall in love with characters that barely say a word. Here's a little reviw sort of thing... Just my favorite parts and what I liked about it, junk like that. And there's no critiques! I can't stand reading critics' stuff. Plus, I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm talking about, haha. I know a thing or two about animation I guess, at least for my age, but definately not enough to critique a movie. Besides, I know pretty much nothing about CG.


...Anyway.

****SPOILER WARNING****

Well, first of all, the little short that came at the beginning was really funny. Heh, I kinda felt sorry for the magician. But I'm a dork like that. I liked the bunny, too.

The beginning of the movie was great! I really loved the reveal when Wall-E's stacking those garbage cubes, and you see just how tall he'd built it up, and then you see all the other gigantic stacks of them. Poor little guy must've been alone for a long time. His little daily routine was really cute. And the spork joke! Some guy sitting behind us in the theater got a big kick out of that.

I really liked Eve, too. Her design was really simple, but really cool. She looks pretty simple to draw; I think I'll try it pretty soon. I was thinking about that the whole time I was watching it. XD And Wall-E's design was great too!! Heck, everybody's was. I think my favorite little side character was the little cleaning robot, Mo. He was funny.

I loved how everyone was fat! I could totally see that happening, haha. The captain was great. Pizza plant!

Probably, my favorite part was the scene/sequence/part where Eve fixes Wall-E near the end, but he'd lost his personality. You really felt for Eve in that part, and I think it's great how they can make you feel connected to a robot character like that. Not that I know what I'm talking about, heh.

Anyway! I'm totally not a mushy-type person (or at least that's what I tell myself), but it was really sweet when Eva held his hand. I was about to cry during that part, but I was with friends who weren't crying, and I didn't wanna feel like a dork, lol.

I liked how Wall-E's eyes did that shifting thing before he actually said something to her, once he got his personality back. You just knew he was back after that. The movie was shorter than I expected it to be, though. Not that that's a big deal or anything.


****SPOILERS OVER****

I really, really wanna see it again, and I definately reccomend it to everyone else! I can't wait 'til it comes out on DVD, though I'll probably have to wait a long time, 'cause it'll probably play in theatres for a lonnnggg time. ...I wanna Wall-E poster.

In other news... I got a poster at K-Mart with the Disney villains on it! ...Well, I guess not ALL of them are on it. I wish it had Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast on it, but what can ya do. I'd post a picture of it, but my camera's out of batteries. The main reason I bought it is because it has Scar from Lion King on it. That, and it's Disney. It's got Scar, Pete, Maleficent, Jafar, the Siamese cats, the Cheshire Cat (sp?), Ursula, Captain Hook, Cruella DeVille, the wolf from Three Little Pigs (I think. I've never seen it), and the witch from Snow White (I THINK. I haven't seen that but once, and it was when I was little... Though I really want to watch it again.) That was a needlessly long paragraph just about that poster, but that's okay!

Also, I saw a preview for Bolt, and that dog is ADORABLE. ...And so's the cat. .....And the hamster. The style of that movie looks incredible.

...Okay, I'm done talking now. : D

2 comments:

Arezou said...

Wow wall-e :x:x,i can't wait to see this movie,i should wait till DVD came out or i download it from somewhere!:((or maybe i can see it in theater,i wish i could!I've seen the Bolt trailer it was something more than awesome!and about the poster i want it too,now i have a Disney's character poster but not villains!anyway good post thnx

Ashley Barton said...

I hope you get to see it soon!! It's relly great. Thanks for the comment!